An umbrella group for Irish hillwalkers.
To Add a Photo to the Monthly Image Gallery login and make the following menu choices
1. Create Content (top of left menu)
3. Title – give your image a title
4. Topic – select Photography
5. Image Galleries – select Monthly Display
6. Browse to locate image (photograph) on your computer (max size 640 x 640 pixels)
7. Add optional description
8. Click Submit
MOURNE SEVEN SEVENS CHALLENGE 2015
Ring of Imaal Marathon Walk 2008
CHECKPOINTS COMERAGH CHALLENGE
1 Start – Challenge S193 193 (Manned) 0700 hrs to 0800 hrs
Start – Walk S193 193 (Manned) 0700 hrs to 0900 hrs
2 Lachnafrankee (520m) S235 181 (Coded)
Wondering about Insurance?
. . . Some things you need to think about
1. What types of unforeseen events/accidents do I want to insure against?
2. What type of activities can I engage in where these events might happen?
3. Who needs to be insured – myself, my club members, 3rd parties?
4. How much do I want to have paid out to the injured party if such an event happens?
5. In what countries can the activities and events take place?
6. Is the insurance limited in any way, e.g., by age, altitude, other?
7. What is the cost?
The registration fee is €200, and the total then to be raised is €1,800.The breakdown of the total money is;
• €1,000 covers the hotel, bus & all food costs
• €1,000 is the sponsorship for Dublin Simon Community
Total Walking Distance: 188 miles
Average hours walking: 7-8 hours – 3 miles per hour
Our trip starts in Dublin and ends in Newport, Co. Mayo.
Coast to Coast 2008 Itinerary
Day 1. Saturday 6th September. We will leave North Strand in Dublin and follow the Royal Canal north from the Liffey, passing Croke Park and Mountjoy Jail as the waterway steps up lock by lock through Phibsboro and Cabra before curving west through Clonsilla and Leixlip.
Knockmealdowns Challenge 2008
It would be to a gentle drizzle that I would arrive to Newcastle on the banks of the river Suir for the first annual Knockmealdowns Challenge and yet straight away there was a warm welcome from the organisers – Peaks Mountaineering Club.