An umbrella group for Irish hillwalkers.
To Add a Photo to the Monthly Image Gallery login and make the following menu choices
1. Create Content (top of left menu)
3. Title – give your image a title
4. Topic – select Photography
5. Image Galleries – select Monthly Display
6. Browse to locate image (photograph) on your computer (max size 640 x 640 pixels)
7. Add optional description
8. Click Submit
What is the Walkers Association of Ireland?
The Walkers Association of Ireland - WAI - is an inclusive forum for hill walkers and ramblers all over Ireland .
Walkers Association of Ireland AGM 2013
The Walkers Association of Ireland AGM
will take place at 7:30pm in St. Olaf's GAA.
Following on from the AGM at 8:15pm
This is a calendar for the WAI Winter Talks Series 2011/ 2012.
Weds 26th Oct 8pm 'Mapping the Dublin & Wicklow Hills' by Barry Dalby of Eastwest Mapping. Barry will outline a lifelong interest in maps and survey and describe some of the processes involved in the recent production of mapping for the Wicklow hills. Venue St Olafs
Weds 23rd November: 8pm Talk on Walking in Slovenia by Denis O'Connor: Venue St Olafs
Come along to some of these events which are generally well attended and a great place to meet other people interested in walking and hillwalking.
23rd March 2011: Talk on walking in the South-West US and AGM at St Olaf's GAA club, Dublin.
- A “river” walk in Zion National Park
- Gentle walking amongst the “hoodoos” in Bryce Canyon
- A trek to the Colorado river in Grand Canyon
- Chasing the sunset in Monument Valley
24th March - Agm and "New Horizons for Intermediate Hillwalkers" -
If like many you enjoyed other events in the WAI Winter Meets series this season, then the following should be of interest. The talks program commencing at 8pm will include:
* Talk on Winter Hillwalking -- Anne Morrissey will talk on experience gained in Ireland and doing the Munros in Scotland
* Photography -- Simon Stewart will talk about how to get an interesting picture in the common, which is to say poor, weather.
* Break for discussion and refreshments at the bar
* Participating in Challenge Walks -- Anne Morrissey will draw on her experience of the many different challenge walks in Ireland.
* Long Distance Trekking -- TBA
The Ordnance Survey or Ireland (OSi) wish to bring out a revised 1:50000 map series. As part of a consultation exercise they have asked the public for their opinion on various issues. One of these is that they wish to use the ITM grid for Ireland which is somewhat different from the existing "Irish Grid" (It's proper name is TM75). The text of this document comes from a short description produced by OSi on 30 Apr 2009.
Support Walking in Ireland!
By joining the Walkers Association you support the groups and activities of the Association.
Become an individual member of the Walkers Association here: http://www.walkersassociation.ie/membership/form
Apply for group membership here email firstname.lastname@example.org
The group running the Walkers Association is committee elected in accordance with the http://www.walkersassociation.ie/constitution
If you want to talk to the committee or become a group member then email email@example.com
A draft of the constitution was presented at the General Meeting of 20th September 2009. Following discussion and some small agreed amendments, here is the Constitution which is to come into force on 1st Jan 2009 and as amended at the AGM on 13th Mar 2013.
The name of the Association shall be The Walkers Association of Ireland (hereinafter referred to as "The Association")